Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Far Removed

    I did in fact do something during Thanksgiving. Initially, I was going to go hiking somewhere specific, but I went somewhere else instead. I didn't tell anyone here where I was going. It was a long, 9-mile hike. Spent 4 hours moving, 5 for breaks and photo ops. Longest hike I ever took. Hips were sore as hell the next day. Worth it.

    The drive back was beautiful and I was in an incredibly positive mood. I couldn't have felt better on Thanksgiving, by just separating myself so far away from everyone. Even the people on the trailhead I bumped into who said "Happy Thanksgiving" to me I wanted to hiss at. Maybe when I go somewhere for Christmas, if I do go hiking (which I am certain of), I will be sure to choose a place that is so far removed that no one ever will say anything about Christmas to me. Yes, just go hike, move out to a remote place and turn the phone off and just move.

    And you know something? Once the weekend was over and I came back to work, a few people asked, "Did you do anything for the weekend,"  and my answer was always no or not much. Despite what I did do, in retrospect, it still was not important to say anything. What I do in my personal life during the weekend did not impact anyone else who asked. I think what I do in my personal life in general has little to no effect on the others around me. They could know nothing of what I do for fun or whatever, and that wouldn't do much anyway. At least that's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment