Sunday, February 4, 2024

Hour of the Wind God

    I went out with my drawing pad thinking I would go out somewhere to go draw. Instead, I kept driving and drove to a kind of unpaved trail out on one of the roads on my base. It was partly cloudy out and extremely windy, with a high wind alert for sustained winds of 30-45 mph and gusts up to 65 mph.

    I was playing the soundtrack to Hylics 2 as I was out here, and some parts of the path had been flooded from the heavy rain last night and this morning. I avoided them by wandering out in a field. But the sunlight, the rolling hills, the heavy wind, it was incredible. I was alone for acres and acres in the middle of what looked to be nowhere, with such breakneck winds pushing against me. Then I started playing Moonage Lobotomy by Chuck Salamone.    


Standing in heavy winds with arms outstretched. That was me.

    I had my bomber jacket open and with the sun shining on me through the clouds, and the wind blasting into my jacket, I felt like some kind of wind god. The tall grass rolling like a current. How I could lean my weight forward with my jacket open and the wind would keep me up. And the music, so rejuvenating, energizing.


Okay, it wasn't that heavy. But I'd enjoy it even more if it was.

    It felt amazing. I could jump backward or forward and I could feel the force of the gusts push me further backward. And I would laugh as I ran into the wind. So alive. I didn't get to draw like I expected, but I got something better. And wet socks, too. (Had to walk through some deep puddles of water just to get back to my car fast enough...)


Bear witness to the wind god.

Later that day it was still windy way into nighttime. I was working out in my garage when I heard just how loud it was, the wind. So I went out again, this time with my gay flag strapped around my neck like a cape. All flying and shit in the wind like some hero or something. And then I played Moonage Lobotomy again and man, the fuckin gay energy walkin down the street, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment