Saturday, April 6, 2024

Nostalgic Music


I remember this song. It has a warm nostalgia to it. Maybe not for a lot of memories, but of one colorful feel. Of being a bit more reckless. Of still finding who I was. It still brings some happiness at least in the respect of what it feels like to "be a kid". At what point did I grow up, to say I no longer was a kid? I look forward to reliving that feeling again. Even for a moment the burdens of adulthood go away. Of letting colors and smiles and freedom and carefree sensations embrace me fully.

Many of the songs of that era could take its place. Despite all that could happen, they are solidified and written in stone from what feelings were kept from what they brought me. A creative and bouncy imagination running rampant. While the world around me was oblivious and occupied in running its course, I could escape to my own delightful world.


It brings me a bittersweet feel now to look back on who I was in the past. Though I am wiser and seasoned now, I had lost that sense of awe I used to carry. So many new experiences. So much to explore to shape who I could be. What I could do. What I wanted to do. In this present day, I hurt and suffer, but I am comforted by what worlds I could create in my own mind.


Escape from reality. Live in a daydream more. Let every day bring you something new without worry about the next day. Feel yourself smile when the sound comes to you. I'll have it again, eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment