Wednesday, August 21, 2024

A Professional Deal

     Wanted to combine a mod in Left 4 Dead 2 that replaces all the L4D2 crew with characters from Animal Crossing. Wanted to do it instead with all of them being Niko from OneShot. Tried modding it myself, but couldn't figure it out. Solution? Pay someone.

    Went to Checkpoint, a site for commissions, found this gentleman named Mage, a game dev with experience in Source. Offer was $10 to do this. Reached out, spoke a deal, and he got to work.

    It was not long before I got to see how much of a professional this person is. Regularly gave updates, screenshots, and information about the work. Here's a handful.



    Very knowledgeable person, told me about the dozen or so fixes made to the original model from MSF, the creator. Some clipping, viewmodels, shaders, drawcells, VMTs, etc. Always consulted me if I wanted to make an optional change or not, and did not charge for them except for one significant and optional overhaul which I declined. Whatever he struggled with too, he reached out to others for  assistance. 

    So not only did I get what I had initially thought I'd get--just four Nikos--but Mage cleaned up the model, provided the model standalone as well, and created the mod for both the L4D1 and L4D2 cast. I could not be more satisfied with the courtesy and professionalism of this individual, and his expertise surpasses his reputation. For his exceptional service, I chose to pay out twice the initial price.

    Now it's time for the Niko-pocalypse!

No comments:

Post a Comment